Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
2-3 Tbs. chia seeds
2 cups non-dairy milk
– shake vigorously in a sealed container (preferably a mason jar)
– let stand in refrigerator 24-48 hours (shake periodically)
– top with fruit (and nuts)
These tiny seeds are packed with beneficial nutrients!
– high in fiber (1 oz has 12 grams of carbs and 11 of them are fiber!)
– good source of high-quality protein
– healthy fats including omega 3
– high in antioxidants and vitamins
What does this mean for you?
These tiny seeds may improve blood markers associated with heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
The high fiber content absorbs water and makes you feel fuller longer; this aids in weight reduction.
Protein and healthy fat are great fuel for energy and also satisfies hunger longer.
Chia seeds are high in many important bone nutrients, they help improve exercise performance, and are very easy to incorporate into your diet.
Will you be incorporating Chia Seed Pudding into your diet?
Let me know in the comments…